FANDOM


  • Hey, as it turns out there is a process in place for wiki's where the staff goes inactive. It's called "adopting" the wiki.  http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Adoption_requests So let's just do that instead of making an all new site. Since there is more than one active member we are supposed to make a discussion post on the wiki for the Wiki Overlords to see and let it run for a week. If we can meet a consensus then the admin rights will be transferred to a new person and we don't need to make a new anything.

    I nominate myself as I am ready and willing to mercilessly choke slam all of you into submission over this Tailed Beast nonsense as it is. 

    Votes: 

    Bocch: 12

    Hades: 1

    Shades: 10

    Double-chokeslam-o

      Loading editor
    • I actually read the adoption requests and you basically have to send a request to the community so that the other admins on the Wikipedia can decide what to do from there. Transference of admin rights was a request that I sent out and If the process is approved then we can have some moderation on here and enough with all the bijou nonsense. Nix out the drama on users abusing their rights in editing the claimed list over and over until basically a third party has to step in and make it more ridiculous then it was before. Your more then welcome to go to the link that you just provided and do a request upon your behalf. I am just trying to do this at a more professional and adult level rather then instigate this tailed beast nonsense to death.

        Loading editor
    • "If there are other users please start a blog post or other public discussion of new leadership before making your request and allow users at least a week to respond." 

      Which is why I posted this. It is part of the process. We are supposed to come to a consensus if possible. 

        Loading editor
    • I'll do my part and notify the active users on the server that this discussion is taking place so that we may hear their input and hopefully reach a general consensus on a single nominee for transference of administrator rights.

        Loading editor
    • Aye aye captain.

      12741629 2
        Loading editor
    • I so support this.

        Loading editor
    • Haaydes wrote:
      I so support this.

      Do you support admin rights going to anyone in particular?

        Loading editor
    • Bocchi-chan wrote:
      Haaydes wrote:
      I so support this.
      Do you support admin rights going to anyone in particular?

      Well... I really like editing stuff on here and keeping things up to date, and do so for other people that aren't comfortable with it. So in that sense, I'd be interested myself, but there are other members of the community that are equally capable. Obviously you're one of those as well, and you chased down this adoption option.

      I don't know if wiki's can have multiple admins, if that's a role you think you might want to share. I'd definitely love to partner on it with you. Otherwise, you're the one that's done all of the looking for the adoption option, so I support you.

        Loading editor
    • Bocchi-chan wrote:

      Hey, as it turns out there is a process in place for wiki's where the staff goes inactive. It's called "adopting" the wiki. 

      http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Adoption_requests

      So let's just do that instead of making an all new site.


      Since there is more than one active member we are supposed to make a discussion post on the wiki for the Wiki Overlords to see and let it run for a week. If we can meet a consensus then the admin rights will be transferred to a new person and we don't need to make a new anything.


      I nominate myself as I am ready and willing to mercilessly choke slam all of you into submission over this Tailed Beast nonsense as it is. 

      Double-chokeslam-o





      I don't currently have a tailed beast nor do I acknowledge their existence, but the Claimed List is semi-relevent to me. So yeah, I support a new admin, though I back Haaydes if he is willing to do the job, 'cause being chokeslammed is not something I look forward to. ;)

        Loading editor
    • I support this wikia adoption thing. I've done bios, templates and edits for some people's bios and I'm willing to lend a hand in taking care of this wikia.

        Loading editor
    • I don't support the notion of one person becoming admin. I've always been on the team effort side of things.

      In order to replace Yūmei you'll need someone who knows the code like him. His pages hold a special visual 'huzzah' when you visit them. The only person I've seen up to par on having put effort or time into it is Styx who isn't active anymore. :P

      Yūmei also seemed largely unbiased to me about this wikia. Didn't care who calimed what or who made what so long as it stayed within reason. Something that a lot of people cannot always do.

      To tie it all in we need admin(S) with an s. Not one person.

      For people to pick? Bocc, Kamui, and Hades.

      Hades for the code part and the other two cause they know the lore pretty damn well and contribute to the wikia.

      If forced I nominate Bocc.

        Loading editor
    • IMO first come first served, and obviously Bocchi is capable. Kamui is too, but he's also got other responsibilites as a mod of SL. I would rather it go to someone who can do it full time, just because the wiki is pretty much law on SL in terms of claims. It's just considerate in my opinion. But honestly my real reasoning is FCFS.

        Loading editor
    • If I understand correctly we need to choose one person for the administrator rights to be passed to, so I added a list of votes reflecting that. I'm not sure if you can have multiple admins but I know you can make moderators so if I am picked I would certainly want a couple moderators to help. Definitely Hades since he knows the technical end very well and I think we'd complient each other nicely. 

        Loading editor
    • Sabumaru wrote:
      IMO first come first served, and obviously Bocchi is capable. Kamui is too, but he's also got other responsibilites as a mod of SL. I would rather it go to someone who can do it full time, just because the wiki is pretty much law on SL in terms of claims. It's just considerate in my opinion. But honestly my real reasoning is FCFS.

      That is true. Camel is already a mod on the SL site proper and on the forum, it is kinda asking him to spread himself thin to be a mod on the wiki too. I think 2-3 people could do the job here fine so even if no one else wanted to do it I think myself, Hades, and Shades/Yomi would be a fine start. 

        Loading editor
    • For the record, I'm Yomi on SL. I'm just her profile editor and template maker. 

        Loading editor
    • Shades of Mundane wrote:
      For the record, I'm Yomi on SL. I'm just her profile editor and template maker. 

      Well you learn something every day. I thought this entire time you were Gitsune. Noted. xD

        Loading editor
    • Bocchi-chan wrote:
      Shades of Mundane wrote:
      For the record, I'm Yomi on SL. I'm just her profile editor and template maker. 
      Well you learn something every day. I thought this entire time you were Gitsune. Noted. xD

      Gitsune has her own account here (Raffy Seraphim), though she doesn't edit stuff much, save for her info (sometimes) and leaves the 'frills' to me (e.g. Infoboxes, etc.). *thumbs up*

        Loading editor
    • I Think we should keep this wikia and that it definately needs a new admin now that Yumei is MIA. The bijuu list couldn't matter less to me however. I do not recognize anyone's authority in that areana any longer due to all the self awards that have been handed down. I feel that as someone who has declared himself winner in such matches that were never resolved in a satisfactory manner, that Bocchiere is the last person I want making the decisions on who can have what.

      Example: I won, you are dead, I claim your body and are now my edo. I own all your stuff, claim all your aiblities and that is just how it is so nyah nyah.

      Not the best resume man.

      However, I too aid people with their pages and would wish to keep my editing capabilities. People ask me to list things on the claimed lists or to edit their pages for them when the site fails to work for them. And I am sure that others act in this manner as well. I am not a fan of having others decide what a person can and cannot use in the character builds.

      Whoever is named Admin I suggest: Lock only the claimed page and/or separate bijuu page. Have people post a reply discussion to that thread with their requests, and just play secretary. IF there is a discrepancy, then discuss it and solve it in a resonable amount of time. Keep it civil. I do not wish to see other pages, such as bios and the ability to create things being hindered in any way. I see no need to lock that public access anywhere else upon the site.

      I vote for Shades/Yomi for admin. She is civil, unbiased, and super active.I believe volunteers for Moderators to assist would be a great idea and basically anyone is acceptible there who has wikia skills. But I feel the claimed list and/or bijuu list should be Admin only.

        Loading editor
    • Yes I do remember that time I fought Kirk IC and he clearly and decisively lost by failing to post in the allotted time. I killed him since it was an IC fight and he was totally fine with it as long as I let him control his Edo zombie since it would be a good excuse for him to be evil. We have completely different styles of rp and so you disagreed with my notion that, even if Kirk had not agreed, I could have done it anyway. I'm not the only that subscribes to the idea that losing a fight IC puts you at the mercy of the victor either. So if you could not completely misrepresent events that happened over a year ago at this point to try and make me look like dick just because I don't rp the same way you do, that would be appreciated. I can make myself look like a dick all on my own, thank you very much. 

      If there were claims issues over differing styles of rp much like that ^ I would simply make two pages for whatever was being fought over like I did for the 3 tails. Since neither person is wrong if its just two different styles of rp then both of them should just get a claim and sit down if they are not going to compromise about it. The wiki is not a place to settle arguments. 

      I would certainly not limit anyones access to their bios and such. I was going to lock the Bijuu list since that is such a hot button issue. Have anyone who needs it changed just PM me or the other mods to change it and give their evidence as to a change of hands.

      I don't think I'd lock the claims since that tends to cause less fights than the bijuu but we could do that too if it become problematic. 

      Regardless, that's a second vote for Yomi. 

        Loading editor
    • Well I vote for Bocchiere! He has been in the SL world for a long time, he also helps newer players that come across him with questions about the game etc.

        Loading editor
    • All the candidates look eligible for admin and it's kinda hard for me to choose. However, it came to mind that when it comes to this bijuu thing, I think we need someone unbiased when it comes to it... And I think someone who isn't "directly involved" with the beasts but is still actively interacting with the community would be best to handle the edits. Someone who would edit just for the sake of updating the list and letting the others know who's hosting who.

      Out of all the candidates, only Yomi is the one who hasn't poked around with the bijuu so she's got my vote. Don't get me wrong; she may have done a lot of my stuff, but I think it's better to let someone else other than a current/former host do these things. Just my opinion.

        Loading editor
    • I'm choosing Yomi for my vote. I agree with the fact that we need someone to lock the bijuu page so there is no bias in it.

        Loading editor
    • Bocchi-chan wrote:
      Yes I do remember that time I fought Kirk IC and he clearly and decisively lost by failing to post in the allotted time. I killed him since it was an IC fight and he was totally fine with it as long as I let him control his Edo zombie since it would be a good excuse for him to be evil. We have completely different styles of rp and so you disagreed with my notion that, even if Kirk had not agreed, I could have done it anyway. I'm not the only that subscribes to the idea that losing a fight IC puts you at the mercy of the victor either. So if you could not completely misrepresent events that happened over a year ago at this point to try and make me look like dick just because I don't rp the same way you do, that would be appreciated. I can make myself look like a dick all on my own, thank you very much. 

      If there were claims issues over differing styles of rp much like that ^ I would simply make two pages for whatever was being fought over like I did for the 3 tails. Since neither person is wrong if its just two different styles of rp then both of them should just get a claim and sit down if they are not going to compromise about it. The wiki is not a place to settle arguments. 

      I would certainly not limit anyones access to their bios and such. I was going to lock the Bijuu list since that is such a hot button issue. Have anyone who needs it changed just PM me or the other mods to change it and give their evidence as to a change of hands.

      I don't think I'd lock the claims since that tends to cause less fights than the bijuu but we could do that too if it become problematic. 

      Regardless, that's a second vote for Yomi. 

      Were it just one issue with you forcing your will upon others and being hostile, I would not have bothered to post an objection to you being in control of the entire wikia. I feel you are too volitile for the responsibility to be trusted to not suddenly lash out and enter vendetta mode to punish someone for having offended or disagreed with you. I was unaware of the Kirk incident but thank you for bringing to light yet another example of exactly what I feel makes you much too biased and prone to self promotion in order to have say over everyone on SL's creative content. MY biggest fear is that one day you just might get so angry at the community to the point that you would vent your rage over some issue and delete the whole thing. This is not an hysteric mentality but based upon your boasts of how much you enjoy going around and destroying other people's hard work in RP on SL. When things are going great, yes you are quite wonderful. I admire your talent and hard work. But when things are not going great your capability toward retaliation and going out of your way to birng harm to others and harass them in my opinion makes you unfit for the Admin slot of this wikia.

      I do feel that you would make great staff and be quite helpful to others around the wikia. You have many admirable qualities and skills that more than qualify you to be a Mod here.I just feel that there needs to be someone in the Admin slot to correct issues that may arise with decisions that you have made if you should create a problem here. I do not feel you are able to be flexible and unabiased enough to have the final authority over the entire community but would, and to quote you once more, "mercilessly choke slam all of you into submission over..." any issue.

      I think I have adequately explained my opinion in this matter not only to my satisfaction but also in such a manner as to inform others where the risks lie in putting you in charge of all our work. So I shall not find in it necessary to comment further upon this topic. We need an Admin, I do not feel that person should be you. 

      I agree that if the Claimed list is not a problem then it should not be locked.

        Loading editor
    • You make it sound like I'm going to sit here looking at every page that is added onto the wiki with my cursor hovering over, "Delete Page." I don't want to be admin to tell people what they can put on the wiki. If someone wants to claim they're a Power Ranger and make a page for their Megazord then good on them. I'm not going to filter any content there just needs to be staff on the wiki so people can be made to behave. 

      If you just don't trust me there's nothing I can do about that, but as I said all you're saying is that we rp differently. Yeah I kill people IC, it's literally my religion, and at this point I don't even care about them staying dead, I just say to think of some reason they were revived for next week or something. I don't delete their clans, I don't harass them till they quit the game and then act like that is an achievment, I don't blackmail people with threats to get them banned unless they act how I want IC. I can be an asshole but I've mellowed out over the years. Now I just want to use that to tell people I'm not going to put up with the silly fighting that goes on here. And if you want to take the funny hyperbole I made to be more than just that, funny, than be my guest.

        Loading editor
    • Iburi Ray here, and I am for backing Bocchi-Chan~

      but in all seriousness we need a new admin badly so we can clean things up that are crowding tyhis site with things that inactive people lay claim on or have rights over etc. and open them up again, to whyere they can be obtained through legit rp. or whatever it is you guys as admins will do. 

      My vote is to Bocch.

        Loading editor
    • Bocchi-chan wrote:
      If I understand correctly we need to choose one person for the administrator rights to be passed to, so I added a list of votes reflecting that. I'm not sure if you can have multiple admins but I know you can make moderators so if I am picked I would certainly want a couple moderators to help. Definitely Hades since he knows the technical end very well and I think we'd complient each other nicely. 


      If moderators are an option then I'm not gonna campaign myself to admin or anything. I'd love to become a moderator just to help with the coding side of things. Oliver, IceSlayer, and Gyururu are busy enough, and to the best of my knowledge next to them, Shadow, Styx, Raifudo, and I are the most experienced with code in general. Styx seems to be gone, and Raifudo is the grandpa yellin' at us whippersnappers now. I know Shadow has set up a beta LotGD server a couple of times, though I'm not sure where those are at now. I ran one myself for some time that was more similar to SL because Oliver was kind enough to lend me all of his files. So that's really my interest. I'm chill for whoever becomes admin.

        Loading editor
    • Bocchi-chan wrote:
      You make it sound like I'm going to sit here looking at every page that is added onto the wiki with my cursor hovering over, "Delete Page." I don't want to be admin to tell people what they can put on the wiki. If someone wants to claim they're a Power Ranger and make a page for their Megazord then good on them. I'm not going to filter any content there just needs to be staff on the wiki so people can be made to behave. 

      If you just don't trust me there's nothing I can do about that, but as I said all you're saying is that we rp differently. Yeah I kill people IC, it's literally my religion, and at this point I don't even care about them staying dead, I just say to think of some reason they were revived for next week or something. I don't delete their clans, I don't harass them till they quit the game and then act like that is an achievment, I don't blackmail people with threats to get them banned unless they act how I want IC. I can be an asshole but I've mellowed out over the years. Now I just want to use that to tell people I'm not going to put up with the silly fighting that goes on here. And if you want to take the funny hyperbole I made to be more than just that, funny, than be my guest.


      It is not my intention to slur you, but to state my concerns about you being the Admin. I will say it again, I feel you would be great on the staff, but that I do not feel safe with you having the responsibility of essentially being site owner and the ultimate authority figure.

      It is nice to know you have mellowed, for it truly is not about our differences in RP style, but rather how you talk to people and treat them that concerns me, the attitude that you have exhibited that you are right and those who do not agree are idiots who need to go @#(&%(_$ @$&P_(Q&$^(&_()$#%. and so forth.  And I know that it may be hard for you to admit, but your treatment of people in the past has been responsible for more than one RPer leaving SL for good. I do not feel this is a quality of a good Admin.

        Loading editor
    • And pretty much all the staff on SL besides Ace and Neji have shown qualities that make them bad staff members. The wiki could do a lot worse than me. You've seen first hand the mentality I'm talking about. 

      Yeah, emphasis on in the past, you and I could trade stories for a month straight about every time we got in an argument with someone about something stupid that was escalated for no reason. I don't have the inclination to do that any more, time is too valuable to waste on that. Even when I'm fighting someone if there is something wrong or off that needs to be discussed we'll just talk about it for a while, and get a judge if we need to. Even if its something I don't agree with like in my current fight with Miyuu it's a lot easier to make a simple concession than argue about it for 2 weeks. You're right I've been shit in the past, and I probably even did piss some people off enough for them to leave, the difference between me and a lot of other people I've seen here is that I actually feel bad about it now, because I've gotten older and matured. 

      I don't want to sound melodramatic, like I'm doing this as recompense or something, but I do want to do this because a lot of the stupid fighting on SL, and here by extension, could be prevented if we had someone willing to interject themsevles between people who are fighting and tell them to sit down and chill out. After that then things can be hashed out.

        Loading editor
    • I vote Yomi.

        Loading editor
    • I vote for not Bocch. In this case, Shades.

        Loading editor
    • I also vote for Shadow cause he's awesome. ;D

        Loading editor
    • I would like to nominate Shadow and Yomi because I feel that these users here are unbiased and meet the criteria of being that 'third-party' that is desperately needed on here; that and moderation.

        Loading editor
    • Bocc gets vote.

        Loading editor
    • Camelicious wrote:
      I would like to nominate Shadow and Yomi because I feel that these users here are unbiased and meet the criteria of being that 'third-party' that is desperately needed on here; that and moderation.

      This is going to get a little out of hand if we can all vote for multiple people. I counted you as voting for yourself. Would you want to change that to someone else? 


        Loading editor
    • Bocchi-chan wrote:

      And pretty much all the staff on SL besides Ace and Neji have shown qualities that make them bad staff members. The wiki could do a lot worse than me. You've seen first hand the mentality I'm talking about. 

      Yeah, emphasis on in the past, you and I could trade stories for a month straight about every time we got in an argument with someone about something stupid that was escalated for no reason. I don't have the inclination to do that any more, time is too valuable to waste on that. Even when I'm fighting someone if there is something wrong or off that needs to be discussed we'll just talk about it for a while, and get a judge if we need to. Even if its something I don't agree with like in my current fight with Miyuu it's a lot easier to make a simple concession than argue about it for 2 weeks. You're right I've been shit in the past, and I probably even did piss some people off enough for them to leave, the difference between me and a lot of other people I've seen here is that I actually feel bad about it now, because I've gotten older and matured. 

      I don't want to sound melodramatic, like I'm doing this as recompense or something, but I do want to do this because a lot of the stupid fighting on SL, and here by extension, could be prevented if we had someone willing to interject themsevles between people who are fighting and tell them to sit down and chill out. After that then things can be hashed out.

      I find your words to be encouraging and hope to see this attitude demonstrated more in the future. Even when pushed. And as an Admin in any community, let alone this one, pushing will happen.

      But come on people...this thing is already messed up...check it out.

      -->Bocch's Tally:

      Votes: 13

      Bocch: 7

      Camel: 1

      Hades: 1

      Shades: 4

      -->My Tally:

      Votes: 11 and 2 people who need to pick one and only one to hold the Admin slot cause there cannot be two. And 2 who did not vote?

      Bocch 5

      Camel 1...maybe...is Kamui not wishing to do this and voting for himself? Is this not why he tried to adopt this site and created his own?

      Hades 1

      Shades/Yomi 5

      Bocch and Shadow = 1 by Keysonx??

      Shadow and Yomi = 1 by Kamui??

      --> Voters

      Bocch = self

      Camel = Shadow and Yomi??

      Haaydes = Whoever, not self just wants to be staff

      Eric = Haades

      Keysonx = Bocch and Shadow??

      Sabu = Bocch

      Shades/ Yomi = no vote stated

      Kayenta = Yomi

      NekomaruAburame = Bocch

      Raffy Seraphim = Yomi

      Rockhoundxoz = Yomi

      Ryun69 = Bocch

      Chinote = Yomi

      Ehentalix = Yomi

      Crazynajun95/Iburi Ray = Bocch


      So...what if we nominate people for a week. THEN vote...and when it is time to vote? Just say who you vote for to keep it simple and clearly understood? And that is assuming they want the job. It looks like Haades just wants to be staff and not Admin so we should not be voting for him, correct?

        Loading editor
    • I vote Yomi.

        Loading editor
    • Haades voted for me, "I don't know if wiki's can have multiple admins, if that's a role you think you might want to share. I'd definitely love to partner on it with you. Otherwise, you're the one that's done all of the looking for the adoption option, so I support you."

      Keyson is Shadow, he was making a joke, he voted for me. 

      I assumed Kamui was voting for himself till he made his recent post so I am waiting to see what he clarifies. 

      Again, assumed Yomi was voting for herself by offering to take the job.

      Anyone feel free to correct me if I misinterprated your vote. 

      All the wiki gods say on the matter is, " If there are other users please start a blog post or other public discussion of new leadership before making your request and allow users at least a week to respond." 

      So after a week I was going to either send in a ticket myself if I was the lead choice or ask the winner of the popular vote at the time to do so, and link this discussion as proof as to why they should be made admin. 

        Loading editor
    • Rockhoundxoz wrote:
      I'm choosing Yomi for my vote. I agree with the fact that we need someone to lock the bijuu page so there is no bias in it.

      Sorry for some reason posts are loading in not all at the same time so I missed this person and Gitsune. Can you please state who you are on SL as it is not apparent from your account.

        Loading editor
    • I could've sworn that I stated that I wasn't nominating myself. Users on here state that I am spreading myself too thin in my duties but the matter is that with the direction that the server is now going. Gamemasters and their Lead Gamemaster are going to be the ones in charge of moderating the role plays aspect of the game itself. If users feel that I am spreading myself too thin in abilities and role, so be it. I am trying to make a better change for all of us and make roleplaying more friendly to new users on the server. New players are a priority and the direction this thread is going, I feel that if the new players are given a chance at role playing, we may have a whole new generation to take over the site; this is in case something happens to the current staff roster or Oliver decides that this game isn't something he could place his time and effort into anymore.

      I chosen Yomi and Shadow on the basis that they meet the criteria of being the neutral, unbiased party.

      Please tally up the votes accordingly and don't be sneaky about it. I appreciate Kayenta actually pointing out the mistakes in the tally of votes. (Voting for yourself to assume the administrator position or break a tie-breaker to work in your favor)

        Loading editor
    • Well it comes down to who really wants to dedicate the time to it. Why not all 4 candidates become joint staff or something? Splitting the work up and preventing from the same insance where that one person who used to run the house end up becoming inactive and left the fort... Otherwise I think having one person yet again will reiterate such events. If it is to be one person out of the group I'd go for Bocch, but I feel like all 4 could be good beneficiaries to the wikia management since it could have some management.

      I would certainly love to see more SL related history here for sure and less naruto but more SL-lore. xD like who is this 'Hashirama' cell source here and what not, could be interesting to write out so there is a 'common basis' in what to believe. No longer hearsay.

        Loading editor
    • Shadow isn't offering to do it so I am changing your vote from yourself to Yomi. As I mentioned there's no reason for us to have multiples votes for a single spot. I'm not being sneaky about anything I explained my numbers to Kay. Only one I'm not counting right now is Rockhound because I have no clue who that is and just want to be clear it isn't an alt before I count it. 

        Loading editor
    • Bocchi-chan
      Bocchi-chan removed this reply because:
      Double post.
      23:12, November 16, 2015
      This reply has been removed
    • Takeo Uchiha
      Takeo Uchiha removed this reply because:
      double post, my bad!
      23:16, November 16, 2015
      This reply has been removed
    • Takeo Uchiha wrote:
      Well it comes down to who really wants to dedicate the time to it. Why not all 4 candidates become joint staff or something? 

      If I am picked I do intend to make, at the very least, Hades and Yomi mods and/or admins with me. I do not want or intend to run the whole show myself. 

        Loading editor
    • Bocc for President. 

        Loading editor
    • I vote for Yomi. She's fairly active and she's just as active on the wikia. She's also very good with the coding and layout, which is what we need, ultimately, not to mention she's very unbiased, calm-tempered and professional. I'm sure I can list so many other reasons as to why she's the best candidate, but I think those major points speak for themselves. She'll be great at keeping people in check/place in what they try to claim or do.


      Anyone should consider and vote for Yomi, she's helped me many a time with wikia questions and the like. She's very helpful and nice. :)

        Loading editor
    • @Bocchi I know your not being sneaky about it. I was just stating the obvious from what we know first-hand that happens in generally elections of any type.

      We do have a problem in our way of handling this whole situation. After some further review of the adoption requests guidelines, I came across this particular statement. 'Existing admins will be removed only if they have been inactive for more than one year.'

      Ain Soph Aur has been inactive since April of 2015. This means our request for adoption along with the general consensus *might* have to wait. I will speak to one of the admins of the community Wikipedia and see if there something to be done to speed up this process or if there is any alternatives. I can't make any promises that in one week we will have a new administrator.

      I just thought it would be wise to point this out before someone else does.

        Loading editor
    • I'd very much prefer if Bocc, Yomi, Hades, and whoever else ran the show. They're all active with each of their strengths.

        Loading editor
    • Camelicious wrote:
      @Bocchi

      I know your not being sneaky about it. I was just stating the obvious from what we know first-hand that happens in generally elections of any type.

      We do have a problem in our way of handling this whole situation. After some further review of the adoption requests guidelines, I came across this particular statement. 'Existing admins will be removed only if they have been inactive for more than one year.'

      Ain Soph Aur has been inactive since April of 2015. This means our request for adoption along with the general consensus *might* have to wait. I will speak to one of the admins of the community Wikipedia and see if there something to be done to speed up this process or if there is any alternatives. I can't make any promises that in one week we will have a new administrator.

      I just thought it would be wise to point this out before someone else does.

      I see what you mean. I just took that to mean that Yumei would still have admin privelages but they would make someone else an admin as well. Perhaps you are right though. Let us know what you find out. I mean he had made only two edits the entirety of this year so if you're understanding it correctly and nothing can be done till he is inactive for a year than perhaps they will understand. 

        Loading editor
    • Copy+pasted from my forum post.


      Here's a few things to consider.


      As we know, the profile wiki has always been the unofficial but popular wiki site to create profiles from existing templates, or even brand new ones. But if this becomes acknowledged as the site's official wiki, what comes with that? Consequences of harassment or banning come to mind at first. Like, if someone is temp banned or permanently banned on the SL and/or forums, would they be banned from the wiki as well? I understand that access to one's intellectual property could become an issue if they can never access it.


      Also, do we have anybody that is proficient at not only coding with HTML and Wikitext, but also image editing as well? Knowledge of both are also a required skill for editing SVG files. A an open-source program like Inkscape helps with that if you can't afford Adobe Illustrator, and it's available for Windows, Mac and GNU/Linux distributions. But even that program takes a bit of practice to use.


      https://inkscape.org/en/


      There's also the hound-dogging we'll have to do to ensure that all pages that have been copy+pasted from the Naruto Wiki are tagged accordingly to acknowledge their original contribution source, since we almost got into a bit of trouble a while back because we weren't before. That's why the <AN> tag was made. The copyright and legal stuff gets pretty deep in certain cases such as images used from the manga, anime and other official productions from the copyright holders. Especially with the TPP having been a very hot topic in which it can actually influence whether or not we could use them, or even have a wiki at all. We would have to be kept on our toes on any sort of DMCA notifications the Naruto Wiki receives, since that can also apply to us as well. Jimmy Wales can only rely on the current copyright and fair-use laws so much.


      I'm not trying to sound skeptical, but Yumei had to learn a lot to make the wiki how it is in the first place. We've only been thinking about how great it would be to be in control of it, but we've been glossing over the responsibilities of running it.

        Loading editor
    • It is good to have a long time to discuss things and do the reasearch needed and figure out what to do. April is not that far away. It takes the rush out of things and permits informed decisions to be made. 

      Perhaps you should have a pending list of votes...until the identity is known of the voter...in the first post, so it doesn't get lost in what is going to be a long discussion? I can't imagine there will only be one person whose wikia name you do not know. It is a good place too for them to see..."oh geesh...they didn't count my vote." right away. Also, everyone will see that there is a reason for the count to be off.

        Loading editor
    • I'll be voting for Yomi/Shades of Mundane to be Admin.

        Loading editor
    • If it comes up again I will make a list. Normally if I do not know the name I can at least look at thier activity and figure it out from there but if someone is just signing up now to cast a vote and for some reason making a very random name than I just cannot know. For now I will just remember rockhound. Anyone have any idea who that could be? 

        Loading editor
    • Bocchi-chan wrote:
      If it comes up again I will make a list. Normally if I do not know the name I can at least look at thier activity and figure it out from there but if someone is just signing up now to cast a vote and for some reason making a very random name than I just cannot know. For now I will just remember rockhound. Anyone have any idea who that could be? 


      Their real name seems to be Mike? Or at least that's what their NP says. I only know like 2 mikes on SL. One is Baluski and the other is Xia.

        Loading editor
    • Bocchi-chan wrote:
      I don't want to be admin to tell people what they can put on the wiki. If someone wants to claim they're a Power Ranger and make a page for their Megazord then good on them. I'm not going to filter any content there just needs to be staff on the wiki so people can be made to behave. 

      Just my two cents, as long as this character exists in SL, then this is fine, but once we're talking about new editors that just suddenly put up their bios here without even having an account, it's a different thing.

      Yumei made it clear at the main page that this wikia is made specifically for the profiles of characters in SL. We encourage creativity and allow people to post whatever they want (with some moderation, of course), but then again, if we're going to make this wikia 'official' and a good reference source for roleplay in SL, we might as well clean it up while keeping an eye on the edits made at the same time.

      We can nicely tell these new editors to either create a character if they want to push through with their bio or they can find another wikia that can host it.

        Loading editor
    • Also, it seems that I have to vote as well... but didn't I already volunteer myself for the job? I guess that counts as a vote for me, yes? >w>

        Loading editor
    • Yes I counted you as voting for yourself. 

        Loading editor
    • With regards to Shinokyo/Kage's post, of course, these points you raised will be considered once the wikia's admin spot has been filled. I'm sure all those who want the job, including myself, know the huge responsibility this entails. Which was why before I began to really tinker with the wikia, I had to brush up on my HTML, Photoshop and Illustrator know-how. Also, I mentioned in one of my posts that edits will be monitored, just to make sure they don't violate any copyrights (especially with those pages copied from the official Naruto Wikia). All canon jutsus will have to be checked to make sure they have the AN tag and whatever else is necessary.

      As for the banned characters in SL, the wikia may be tied to the game and the forum, but in its own way, it is still independent from those two. They can still be given access to their stuff and communicate with the players of SL through here, given that they don't start to mess around which got them banned in the first place in either SL or the forum.

      But again, it is way too early to think of these things; let's take it one step at a time while still keeping these in mind. The main concern here is to put someone in charge of the wikia and from there, this person can assign people who will help in keeping this place up and running while keeping it orderly. ^^

        Loading editor
    • I like the idea of a joint thing- but if I have I have to pick just one person to lead the role then Bocchiere, Yomi close second.

        Loading editor
    • Noted Hotaru's vote, the second new vote for me is from TheCurse, who asked me to note it for him. 

      Le Evidence: http://s1.postimg.org/9yjclz072/Curse.jpg

        Loading editor
    • I'd agree with multiple staff members even if there is only one admin. That way there's no chance the wiki can just be abadoned if one person decideds to leave again. Since it seems like any of the three would be good for the job I'm going to note how awful it was the last time we had a semi-important vote and wound up with a tie and cast my vote for Bocchiere. Please no more ties.

        Loading editor
    • Keysonx wrote:
      Bocchi-chan wrote:
      If it comes up again I will make a list. Normally if I do not know the name I can at least look at thier activity and figure it out from there but if someone is just signing up now to cast a vote and for some reason making a very random name than I just cannot know. For now I will just remember rockhound. Anyone have any idea who that could be? 

      Their real name seems to be Mike? Or at least that's what their NP says. I only know like 2 mikes on SL. One is Baluski and the other is Xia.

      I believe the Rockhound aka Mike is Xia, they have the same birthday. So you should probably message him on SL and see if this is so, and then count his vote.

        Loading editor
    • I messaged him, but even counting his vote right now it stands at 12 me and 10 for Yomi, and it has been 7 days. I'm going to send in the ticket for transfer of admin rights now. Obviously this topic will remain open and can continue to be used for discussing this process. If I am granted admin rights I would certainly like Yomi and Hades to be Admin/Mods, if they are still interested. 

        Loading editor
    • KayentaMoenkopi wrote:
      Keysonx wrote:
      Bocchi-chan wrote:
      If it comes up again I will make a list. Normally if I do not know the name I can at least look at thier activity and figure it out from there but if someone is just signing up now to cast a vote and for some reason making a very random name than I just cannot know. For now I will just remember rockhound. Anyone have any idea who that could be? 

      Their real name seems to be Mike? Or at least that's what their NP says. I only know like 2 mikes on SL. One is Baluski and the other is Xia.

      I believe the Rockhound aka Mike is Xia, they have the same birthday. So you should probably message him on SL and see if this is so, and then count his vote.

      Yes I am Xia. For some reason my wiki account is tied in from a different one (Possibly from Clash of Clans wiki).

        Loading editor
    • Good to know! I did count your vote Xia, just to make sure there was not anything left to debate.

      Since Kamui had already sent in the ticket for admin rights before this discussion was made I merely editted it to reflect the state of our discussion after the required time of 1 week. That can be seen here.

      http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Adoption:Naruto_Profile_Wiki?t=20151123035434

      And hopefully we will have some responses, and new staff members, soon. :)  

        Loading editor
    • i thought we had to wait a whole year for the admin to be inactive before they would open it up for adoption? That won't be until April 2016 last I knew.

        Loading editor
    • A little late to this because I for some reason thought this would take place on the forum. Don't ask me why. 

      Anyways, I'm going to put my vote toward Shades.

      You guys realize that Yumei has a FB right? Has no one tried messaging him?

        Loading editor
    • Tis' Warren. Voting for Shades.

        Loading editor
    • Tis complete! The wiki Overlords approved our request. Since the vote was very close at the time I sent in the ticket I was given Admin and Bureaucrat rights and Shades was given Admin rights. If Hades still wants to do it I will give him admin rights too. 

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.